When Driving In Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a wonderful city. One, it’s a great place for culture thanks to a high percentage of creatives, being home to Hollywood (hence films and the performing arts aplenty) and having A LOT of museums and art galleries a fact evidenced by it being the city with a lot of museums per capita in the world.
When it comes sports, the city is home to several professional sports teams – Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association, Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League and the Los Angeles Dodgers of Major League Baseball.
The car culture in Los Angeles is very rich as well. It has several museums dedicated to just cars and driving!
In other words, you won’t run out of entertaining things to see and do while in the city. However, it’s also important to note that LA is home to 527 miles of freeway and over 7,000 miles of surface streets. This scenario alone is a recipe for not just traffic, but accidents as well. This is why you need to have Los Angeles car insurance when you hit the road in the City of Angels. When it comes to finding the right one, trust the team at Nation Quote to get you what you need.
All that said, here are some things to expect when driving in LA:
- Driving is almost always your only option. LA is huge, but surprisingly thin when it comes to public transportation. If you want to get around the city, taking your car is the best way to explore. Of course, always be a responsible driver and take your Los Angeles car insurance along with you.
- Learn to love the traffic. It’s here and it’s a glorious experience. You can expect to sit for extended periods on the freeway, where you’ll eventually learn to love your radio or pick up something else to do. Even a routinely simple drive to the nearest grocery store seems to take forever.
Of course, a scenario where lots of cars converge in a wide street is always cause for concern, especially when it comes to accidents. This is why you need to prepared for such things by always making sure your Los Angeles car insurance is right in your vehicle. Of course, if you need help getting one, the team at Nation Quote is very glad to be of service.
- When the interstate closes, you’re doomed. Already world renowned for its traffic, things just get worse when the freeway closes. It has happened before – more than once even. So, when you choose to make LA your home, be prepared for such tragic events.
- Parking is rarely beautiful. As large as the city of LA is, parking is surprisingly a very big problem. The spaces are cramped and there’s too many drivers fighting for a spot. It’s a stressful experience and one that you need getting used to.
- A change in weather turns drivers mad. LA is notable for its wonderful warm climate. However, when the occasional downpour arrives, drivers just go crazy. Others drive slow while others won’t hesitate to swerve lanes.
As frustrating as the driving situation is in Los Angeles, there’s no question about the perks of living in such a huge city. Since you will need a car to survive in this town, give us a call here at Nation Quote and we will help you find the coverage that is right for you.